Contact Juggling Tips
Good Beginner Contact Balls
- An Orange
- Or generally any equally weighted and round sphere you have lying around. Good for gauging your interest in Contact or as a substitute when nothing else is around.
- 4" (100mm) Practice Contact Ball
- These are Hard Stage Balls that are heavier and designed to be used for contact juggling
- 3.5"-4" (85mm-100mm) Acrylic Ball
- The most common ball used for performance. Great for learning with, but it will scratch up overtime which may having you wish that you got it after you were competent with contact juggling.
- 4" (100mm) Stage Balls
- Similar to the Practice Contact Ball though much lighter. These are a bit harder to learn with but you are less likely to hurt yourself or break nearby objects. They come in Hard or Soft shelled forms, it is recommended to go with the soft shell.
You want to aim for an approximately 3.5"-4" ball that weighs somewhere between 250g-650g, the size and weight combination will make learning much easier.